Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


There has been a spate of reports like the one below this summer; sometimes with fatal results.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-14713397

It is not the BBQ that is to blame, it is the stupidity of the users. Never, ever light a BBQ, camping stove or gas heater inside a tent. Unless, of course, you want to die. Apart from the obvious fire hazard, these devices consume a lot of oxygen and produce lots of carbon monoxide. Neither of which are good for humans!

Advertisements

About ReidIvinsMedia

After working for many years in Higher Education I've decided to drop out and join, eventually, the self-employed. Here I blog about my interests which include education, politics, backpacking, poker, photography and real ale.
This entry was posted in Backpacking, Hiking and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s